- Home /
- EU VAT Enhanced for Magento
- Validates the customers VAT-ID through EU VIES (VAT Information Exchange System)
- Automated setup for tax classes, tax rates and tax rules / Automated store configuration for VAT in the EU
- Automatic assignment to the following customer groups possible (of course you may use your own customer groups):
- B2C General: For customers without or with invalid VAT-ID (Default Group)
- B2B in Europe: For customers with valid VAT-ID in Europe
- B2B own country: For customers with valid VAT-ID from the same country as the shop
- B2B/B2C International: For customers outside Europe (Assignment only possible in checkout)
- NEW: Invalid VAT-ID: For customers where the VAT number validation failed, because the number is invalid
- NEW: Technical Errors: For failed VAT number validations due to technical errors with the validation interface
- The VAT calculation is not coupled with the customer groups. The decision if VAT is applied to the order is flexible on the customers address and validation data.
- VAT Numbers can be validated from the frontend for customers or from the Magento backend for administration users
- Catalog price display without VAT for customers with valid VAT numbers
- Compatibility with several "OneStepCheckout" solutions: Automatic reload of checkout totals after VAT number validation
- Extends the customer address management with more information about the VAT number validation, like the company name and address details (if supported by the member state)
- Option to automatically send an email with the validation details of a validation
- Possibility to automatically validate customers VAT number on login within defined periods
- Offline-Validation: Check the number for correct syntax when VIES is offline (or when member states are unavailable)
- Installation manual included
Supported "OneStepCheckout" modules (automatic reload of checkout totals after validating a VAT number):
- OneStepCheckout (The original)
- TM FireCheckout
- IWD Checkout
- FME Checkout
- Aheadworks OnePageCheckout
- EcomDev CheckItOut
- Vinagento Oscheckout
- GoMage Lightcheckout
- MageStore Onestepcheckout
- Ecommerceteam EasyCheckout
- and more
- PHP Version 5.3+, PHP Extension SOAP, PHP Extension cURL
This extension uses the EU VIES (VAT Information Exchange System) service to validate the VAT-IDs of your customers. It is possible that this service experiences downtimes where it is not possible to validate the VAT Numbers of your customers. In such cases, it does not constitute a malfunction of our module and your customers will still be able to register or checkout in your shop. The specific disclaimer for the VIES does also apply on our module.
This page and our software does not constitute tax advice and is merely intended to serve technical solutions to common issues with business requirements in Magento. For tax information please consult your tax advisor.
- Additional Information
Delivery Time Immediately after payment receipt Compatible Magento Versions CE 1.7, CE 1.8, CE 1.9 Latest version 1.8.3 Special notices There is a legacy version of this module for Magento 1.4.x to 1.6.x (does not have the feature additions shown in the changelog).
Customer Reviews 16 item(s)
A real time saver
Review by Advantec / (Posted on 17/02/2018)
Price QualityI work at a digital agency and deal with a number of Magento sites, the majority of our clients have a B2B feature on their website, all of which use this module.
It makes what is normally a tedious process a breeze; much better than native Magento functionality!
EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE, GREAT EXTENSION
Review by Roman / (Posted on 24/01/2018)
Price QualityThe extension installation was smooth and it works great. I needed some adjustation and the support made it for me in short time.
Excellent plugin and support.
Review by Joe / (Posted on 07/08/2017)
Price QualityExcellent plugin, works with minimal setup. We used automatic settings which created the rules needed to apply the EU VAT rules. Support to help with a couple of technical problems was comprehensive and very quick. Thank you!
Great support, great extension
Review by jonasj / (Posted on 12/04/2017)
Price QualityVery good extension, our own theme on 1.9 posed a lot of problems because the used files are still from 1.6, so many things are missing. Support was very good and always fast, many mails were exchanged. Got it working in the end like a charm. Would recommend!
Works well out of the box
Review by Julian / (Posted on 07/03/2017)
Price QualityWorks well out of the box with CE1.9.2. Good documentation and great support. Automated set up is spot on. You may find you want to delete existing tax zone rates in which case this little module will help you https://github.com/GetCommerce/Magento-Mass-Delete-Magento-Tax-Zones-Rates
Review by Steven / (Posted on 23/08/2016)
Price QualityA really great extension! The installing and setting everything up was easy.
It saved my time! Thank you! The price is ok!
Excellent customer service
Review by Nina Berens / (Posted on 07/03/2016)
Price QualityConfiguring and getting VAT to work in Magento can be daunting, especially with an EU business. This Magento extension gets your checkout working perfectly, with auto lookups to validate business VAT numbers. A fantastic extension with OUTSTANDING support from Sven, who went over and above what was required to get our unique one page checkout integrated and working with the extension for us. HIGHLY recommended! I wish all developers offered such great customer service. Thank you
Well-Documented, Great Support
Review by elandmann / (Posted on 17/01/2015)
Price QualityWell-documented extension, works great. A nice benefit was tax tables that can be uploaded to get started which helped reduce setup. Support is quick and right-on.
Good product / good service
Review by J Rijnders / (Posted on 10/11/2014)
Price QualityThe EU VAT enhanced for magento works very nice! Sven does great support.
Five star for Extension
Review by Revin / (Posted on 15/10/2014)
Price QualityGreat Extension and Best support ever.
worth the money
Review by Peter / (Posted on 23/09/2014)
Price QualityExcellent and precise work. Easy to set up and easy to understand each step in the installation guide. Thank you very much for everything, this module is easier to administer and give a lot of free time, i'd rather spend with my childrens. :)
Review by Sascha Dobbelaere / (Posted on 02/08/2013)
Price QualityNot only does the extension work very good. The support is even better.
Keep up the good work!
Review by Wouter / (Posted on 17/06/2013)
Price QualityDoes everything it promised. Very satisfied with extension and support for customization.
Very good service
Review by Steven B / (Posted on 24/01/2012)
Price QualityWe have this extension for a few months now.
After we did something the extension wasn't working anymore.
After contacting Sven, we had very fast response.
He looked at the problem by making a account etc.
Suddenly the extension worked again, without any problems.
Maybe some cache problem.
However we were surprised by the fast response and ready to help us out.
Need this extension, just by this one!
Review by Pim / (Posted on 10/10/2011)
Price QualityThis a a great extension and works like it should! It also includes a very detailed setup guide. Support is also very good! Had a few customisation questions and got helped very quickly.
Install, Setup, Forget!
Review by Paul Hachmang / (Posted on 01/09/2011)
Price QualityAfter purchasing and installing the module, setting everything up was easy. The documentation was very detailed on every step: creating tax groups, customer groups, helping us setting up the tax settings correctly for our country, etc.
The module functions like it should. It notifies the customer like it should.
Install, Setup, Forget!
- A real time saver
- Release Notes
Version 1.8.3 (05.03.2019)
- Option to disable group assignment in error cases
Version 1.8.2 (08.02.2019)
- Added takeover VAT number to guest order taxvat field
Version 1.8.1 (11.01.2019)
- Admin Area Sales Order Create supports Cross-Border-Trade settings
Version 1.8.0 (30.12.2018)
- Revisited Admin Area Sales Order Create
- Threshold countries are now handled like the domestic country
- Minor Refactorings
Version 1.7.11 (06.09.2018)
- Fixed country select for VAT setup
Version 1.7.10 (07.08.2018)
- Added new form validation option: VAT Number required to be valid when value in field
Version 1.7.9 (17.01.2018)
- Fixed store exception for guest customers
- Changed country code prefix can be read from address select
Version 1.7.8 (28.11.2017)
- Added proper Adminhtml ACL checks
- Added option to set address country according to VAT number country prefix automatically (with optional customer confirmation question)
- Changed several system configuration paths
Version 1.7.7 (25.10.2017)
- Option to use VAT number country prefix instead of address country for digital products tax calculation
Version 220.127.116.11 (22.09.2017)
- Compatibility with Typostores_OneStepCheckout
Version 18.104.22.168 (12.09.2017)
- Compatibility with Dragonfroot_OneStepCheckout
Version 1.7.6 (23.08.2017)
- Support for EU Threshold countries
- Translated a few strings to French
Version 22.214.171.124 (10.08.2017)
- Compatibility with MKGOS_OneStepCheckout
Version 126.96.36.199 (08.08.2017)
- Improved takeover vat_id as taxvat function
Version 188.8.131.52 (21.06.2017)
- Compatibility with MGS_Oscheckout
Version 184.108.40.206 (15.06.2017)
- Compatibility with Anowave_TaxSwitch
Version 220.127.116.11 (12.06.2017)
- Supports VAT calculation per address on checkout with multiple addresses
Version 18.104.22.168 (29.05.2017)
- Supports VAT Number validation on checkout with multiple addresses
Version 22.214.171.124 (06.04.2017)
- Compatibility with MageWorld OPC
Version 1.7.5 (23.03.2017)
- Improved customer mass migration from the taxvat field to vat_id field
- Fixed problems with special chars and whitespaces in the VAT number
Version 126.96.36.199 (03.02.2017)
- Supports billing:taxvat and shipping:taxvat fields
Version 188.8.131.52 (01.02.2017)
- Improved offline validation fallback
Version 184.108.40.206 (31.01.2017)
- Improved compatibility with IDev OneStepCheckout
Version 220.127.116.11 (28.11.2016)
- Better support for multi-merchant and dropshipping
- Dynamic shipping tax calculation based on the main products tax rate
Version 18.104.22.168 (23.11.2016)
- Added compatibility with advancedcheckout.com
Version 22.214.171.124 (18.11.2016)
- Fixed admin validation details on customer address
Version 126.96.36.199 (15.11.2016)
- Added VAT request identifier and date to VAT order report
Version 188.8.131.52 (09.11.2016)
- Added invoice date and increment id to VAT order report
Version 184.108.40.206 (31.10.2016)
- Added new VAT order report
Version 220.127.116.11 (13.10.2016)
- Fixed VAT rate report CSV export
Version 18.104.22.168 (03.08.2016)
- Support for regular Magento tax calculation for specific customer groups (Support for Spanish Equivalence Tax)
Version 22.214.171.124 (24.05.2016)
- Compatibility with Olegnax OneStepCheckout
Version 126.96.36.199 (18.05.2016)
- Possibility to reinstall Magento core VAT number address attributes
- Debug logging bugs fixed
Version 188.8.131.52 (01.04.2016)
- Added support for MageBay OneStepCheckout
Version 1.7.1 (30.03.2016)
- Fixed a problem with lowercase VAT numbers (force uppercase)
Version 184.108.40.206 (18.02.2016)
- Added support for merchant EUxxxxxxxxx VAT numbers
Version 220.127.116.11 (05.02.2016)
- Added support for MageDrive OneStepCheckout
Version 18.104.22.168 (01.02.2016)
- Possibility to select customer groups which get no tax applied, even if there is no VAT number
Version 22.214.171.124 (27.01.2016)
- Added support for WebAndPeople Onepagecheckout
Version 1.7.0 (19.01.2016)
- Possibility to automatically validate customers VAT number on login within defined periods
Version 126.96.36.199 (05.01.2016)
- Fixed bug when customer changes address and uses VAT number with special chars
- Updated SI rate from 20 to 22
Version 1.6.9 (06.12.2015)
- Option to set the customer group according to used checkout address
Version 188.8.131.52 (03.12.2015)
- Added support for Apptha_Onestepcheckout
Version 184.108.40.206 (28.10.2015)
- Compatibility with SUPEE-6788
- Added support for Lotusbreath_Onestepcheckout
- Fixed error on VAT report with database prefixes
- Fixed Ireland regex check
- Fixed misspelling standart to standard at tax rates
- Added possibility to make the modification of the customer group on the order object optional
- Automated VAT setup and configuration
- Several bugfixes and code improvements
Version 1.5.7 (13.10.2014)
- VAT validation in Magento backend for orders edited/created by admin
- Customer group for orders from guests can now be changed at the Magento backend
Version 1.5.2 (16.04.2014)
Version 1.5.1 (08.04.2014)
- Fixed VAT validation at customer registration
Version 1.5.0 (25.03.2014)
- Better compatibility with Magento 1.7+
- Dropped customer attributes "last_vat_validation_date, vat_validation_result, vies_result_data"
- Introduced customer address attributes "vat_trader_name, vat_trader_company_type, vat_trader_address"
- Supports the address based VAT-ID field from Magento 1.7+: intra-community triangular transactions are now possible
- Tax calculation is now always based on the validation results of the (shipping)address, instead of account based
- Possibility to validate VAT-IDs in Magento backend including country prefixes
RoadmapCurrently no new features are planned. Any bugs or incompatibilities will be fixed within
a few business days.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Excl. Tax: €59.00 Incl. Tax: €70.21