How to install Magento extensions?
Created at: 21 Mar 2017 Updated at: 23 Sep 2020
The following steps should work for every Magento extension.
- Create backups of the Magento files and the database.
- Navigate to “System → Cache Management” and disable all Magento caches.
- Navigate to “System → Tools → Compiler” and disable the Magento compiler (if enabled)
- If you are currently logged in Magento Admin, please log out.
- Put your store in maintenance mode by uploading a file named maintenance.flag to your Magento root directory
- Upload the base directories of the extension (“app”, “js”, ”skin”, ”lib”) to your Magento root directory (merge the directories).
- Remove the file maintenance.flag from your Magento root directory
- Log in to the Magento admin area again. Your account has now permissions to change the store configuration of the installed extension.
- Recompile and turn on the compiler again if it was enabled before the installation. Navigate to “System → Cache Management” and enable all caches.
Categories: Magento 1 / OpenMage